Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the rest of a rockin family shoot | Calgary family photographer

There most definitely is a reason I don't shoot weddings. FEAR. They scare me so much the thought of them makes me want to run screaming. The reason? GROUP SHOTS.
Seriously. You know that site awkward family photos? Ya that is not some place I WANT to see my photos ;) There are soooo many reasons wedding photography (good wedding photography) is expensive. BUT one of them is - really you have to have a clue what to do with group shots. You need to be able to organize, pose, direct, check poses, expose, focus, check poses... check the light.... on and on. So much thought goes into ONE shot... it is incredible.

What does this have to do with my rockin family shoot? GROUP SHOTS. I get so nervous when it comes down to it. Because of course I want them to be perfect. I want them to still be done in my style. I want everyone to be happy and comfortable... and get great keepsakes for them to display! And it makes me soooo nervous!

Every time I do a group shoot I learn something. And I get some great pictures. And I meet some great people!!! This shoot was no exception. It was one of my good friends extended family. We had so much fun and really pulled off some great images. I am so glad to have been given this opportunity!!! Thanks for being so patient waiting for your pictures..... enjoy!











0 comments:

Post a Comment

twitter2

Blog Archive

Labels

Followers

This is me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Kathy and I am a mother of two and raising them with the love of my life. I have just embarked upon an amazing journey - a photography business in Calgary AB. Always learning, practicing and enjoying every part!