Friday, July 9, 2010

Calgary Stampede Parade day 221 | Calgary photographer

I have lived here for almost 10 years. And in almost 10 years I have never been to the parade!!!!! I always had to work. and once I had babies... well I didn't think that I wanted to bring babies down there.
This year I decided was THE YEAR. The kids are definitely old enough to enjoy it and I was prepared to do it.

Enter Dion's mom, aunt and a few other family members!!! Dion's aunt has been going to the same spot... I don't know for how long.... but we met up with them at 7am. Which meant that I had been up since 4:30. After my photoshop conking out WAY more than once last night I could not face cleaning up last night, so I set my alarm for 4:30 to clean and get everything ready.

I woke the kids up at 5:30 and then it was go go go!!!!! Going to the parade was about 5 million times easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to Aunty Deb's extensive parade know how. It was awesome. Bathrooms were close and we were at the beginning of the parade so we got out of there early. I had an amazing time and the kids were totally into it! Kade was really getting her parade groove on.... is there another one anywhere???

So after the parade I thought the kids would be somewhat tired. WRONG. They played all afternoon out in the bouncy house and pool. My nephews came over for a few hours and it was a party! They were however fast asleep soon after being put to bed.

Great day. One of the best. I love Stampede. I love that is was HOT. Perfect day.

So as I am tired..... here are a few pics. The ones that jumped out at me. I'm sure I will share a few more at some point! For now...... these are my fav pics :)

GET READY!!!!!

Snowbirds. Sweet. They flew over the parade a few times. Saw them again fly over our house when we got home. They are so fun to watch!

Fireworks. At a parade. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.


I find this just amazing. The girl in the green went the whole way that I could see riding on the horse's back.


The group :)

Kade's wave. She has the queen's wave down pat. She is really coming out of her shell. Constantly amazed with this one!

The street cleaners were awesome!!! Most of them had some type of animal on them . LOVE IT!

Back at home.... when I hoped we would all be napping lol.

1 comment:

twitter2

Blog Archive

Labels

Followers

This is me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Kathy and I am a mother of two and raising them with the love of my life. I have just embarked upon an amazing journey - a photography business in Calgary AB. Always learning, practicing and enjoying every part!