Thursday, November 25, 2010

The post with no good title

I have written this post like 3X.
Each time coming up with a different message. Each time not really hitting it. I'm tired... cut me some slack!!!

I have been up since 2:30am. Ro got the stomache virus. So now I've had it, Kade's had it and he DEFINITELY had it.

I wanted to be witty. Funny. Sappy. All these things. Because as it is now 10:30pm and I am still up.. emotions are at a premium people!

My kids were troopers today. Both of them up at 2:30am. One of them putting on quite the show. When it comes being sick - Ro takes the oscar in this household! He was fine one minute, crying the next, sick the next, back to fine.... it was quite a ride. The kids watched movies on the couch. I was scared to sit down. I went to bed around 11 so I hadn't gotten much sleep. And I didn't want to fall asleep. Cause it just SUCKS to be woken up 5 min later :)

Ro didn't want any cuddling. So I took to cleaning to stay busy. I cleaned ALL DAY. I have 3 disinfected bathrooms, my floors have all been handwashed, toys are disinfected (as are toothbrushes and brushes, doorhandles and light switches). I did over 7 loads of laundry. I was a machine! And in between all that I looked after the sikko and tried to occupy Kade's mind and energy. I also had to go over the fact that Ro was NOT going to school way more than once. He really does not want to miss school. At all. Ever. FINALLY Kade zonked around 7:30. She slept for 2 hours. Ro zonked the MINUTE Kade woke up. And there went my hopes of a nap ;) He woke up an hour later... still sick. Didn't take long to figure that out!

In the later afternoon though he just perked right up. And spent a huge chunk of time coloring and playing. He was so sweet... it is so weird that this day... this LONG drawn out day turned out completely awesome. Besides the sick part ;) We got some good playtime in and had a lot of fun today.

And I got a ton accomplished. I was so scared to sit all day I just kept moving. Might do it tomorrow again. Just for fun. Apparently I should go to bed early and get up at 2am. WHO KNEW I could get so much done???

See... still ends up not witty. I was felling so witty today. and heartfelt. I think.... exhaustion may be creeping in. But I really wanted to put up the pics. Because.... well because... I love them. I may be a tad over emotional though. I just cried watching a video I took today of Kade dancing around in my heels. (I know... I said no more and then she went on the hunt for them!) She was saying... OH... these shoes are KILLING me!!! So flippin funny.

FINALLY... getting a little sleep. Poor kid. It is the hardest things to watch your kids when they are sick.

From that to this... kids are so resilient. He took a lot of comfort in coloring today. And telling me I am 31 and his teacher is only 20. NICE one Ro. He can write so well now, and his drawings are changing...


It's funny... the amount of concentration he puts into writing!

Little ray of sunshine....

One of my fav pics. I love that he was laughing SO hard. It makes me smile.


Feeling much better!
Just because.... these braids were SO CUTE!!

And yes we were in jammies ALL DAY. What better excuse than we were not going anywhere. Everyone showered/bathed and put on a clean pair. Bedtime.... was a snap. I think they were both asleep before I got downstairs ;) So... it was a great ending to such a crazy long day!

1 comment:

twitter2

Labels

Followers

This is me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Kathy and I am a mother of two and raising them with the love of my life. I have just embarked upon an amazing journey - a photography business in Calgary AB. Always learning, practicing and enjoying every part!